1. About this document
2. What is personal information?
Within the definition of the The Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act), personal information is “information about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information”.
3. How personal information is collected
- PS website and application — Any website or application owned and operated by PS, including printspeak.com and associated sub domains app.printspeak.com and us1.printspeak.com.
- PS mobile website and mobile apps — Any mobile site or application operated by PS or similar smart phone apps that we may develop in the future.
- Hard-copy forms — Including, but not limited to, hard copy registration forms, lead capture forms or competition entry forms that we may collect from individuals via post, in-person or via third parties.
- PS Human Resources — Any personal information that we collect from you by way of job role application and enquiry, either in hard copy or soft copy formats during the application process, over the phone or in person at a
- PS Support — Any personal information that we may collect when you interact with our integrated support feature on printspeak.com.
- Social networking sites — Any personal information that we may collect when you interact with third party social networking features such as “Facebook Like”. These features may be integrated in our sites or applications. If you use these features, we may have the ability to obtain certain information about you.
- Data from third parties — PS collects personal information from our Customers about their customers and employees. We may also obtain personal information about you from other sources such as third party data integrators engaged to provide us with additional information about our Customers’ existing customers, or from third parties who we occasionally partner with to deliver specific campaigns or promotions. PS currently integrates with, but is not limited to:
- EFI PrintSmith Vision – employee, customer account and contact information and all current and historical business transactions
- Intercom – support thread and customer account and contact information
- G Suite from Google Cloud – Gapps Email address, all transactional customer account and contact email communications (sent and received), All email attachments, All email labels (only stubs for download, downloads are on-demand) and all calendar entries. This data is used to show customer email history in our product, show / edit / create calendar entries, send email to customers
- Amazon Web Services Cloud – we share PrintSmith Vision contact information for the purpose of sending email marketing customer account and contact communications and receiving bounce, delivery and complaints alerts and notifications. We share data for the purpose of hosting the Print Speak application
- Clearbit – we share PrintSmith Vision contact email domains to lookup enrichment data for employee, customer account and contact information
- Twilio – we share PrintSmith Vision contact information for the purpose of sending marketing customer account and contact mobile communications
- and Ngrok – data aggregation and loading of data into the Print Speak application
4. Kinds of personal information collected by PS
PS only collects information that is necessary for one or more of its application functions. Personal information collected includes the following:
- Personal contact information — Any information that would allow us or our customers to personally contact you, such as name, job title, company name, company address, company postal address, telephone number, fax number and email address, transaction history with our customers.
- Account login information — Any information that is required for you to establish a unique account with us, or for us to give you access to your specific account profile.
- Demographic information — Any information that describes your demographic or psychographic characteristics, such as your date of birth, age or age range, gender, geographic location (e.g. postcode, mobile location), favourite products, hobbies, interests, business income, number of employees, industry or other specific information.
- Consumer/customer feedback — Any information that you voluntarily share with us or our customers about your experience in using our or their products and services, including our and their websites and campaigns. (Examples may include unsolicited comments and suggestions, testimonials, or other questions related to PS, our customers and their people, products or services).
- Consumer generated content — Any content that you create and then share with us and our customers, by uploading it to one of our or their websites or applications, including micro sites or Facebook fan pages.
- Social network information — Any information that is part of your profile on a third party social network (such as Facebook) and that you allow the third party social network to share with us or our customers (examples: name, email address, gender and other information you allow to be shared). We may use this information to match information with a social network for marketing purposes.
- Payment information — Any information that you use to make a purchase, such as your credit card details (cardholder name, card number, expiration date etc.) or other forms of payment (if such are made available).
5. The purpose for which personal information is collected
PS may collect and use your personal information for some or all of the following purposes. Please note not all of the uses below will be relevant for each individual:
- Transactional communications — This is where you have a new or existing business relationship with us or our customers and there is a reasonable expectation to receive communications of a commercial nature relating to those transactions including, but not limited to, estimates or quotations, order acknowledgments, alerts or notifications, payment requests and statements
- Marketing communications — This is where you have opted into receiving marketing communications from PS, their customers and associated products and services or there is a reasonable expectation to receive communications of a commercial nature because of the existing relationship between you, your company and PS or a Print Speak customer. We may collect and use your personal information for the following marketing communications:
- General marketing communications — to send you communications such as emails, SMS text messages and postal mailings.
- Targeted communications — based on your purchase history or purchase cycle, we may send you reminders or special offers specific to your customer profile and what we know about you. You can always opt out from receiving marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each such communication.
- Customer service — We may collect and use your personal information to provide you with customer service, including responses to your enquiries, complaints and general feedback about our products. Customer service may be provided through various forms of communication, including via email, letter, telephone and online chat features.
- Promotions and competitions — We may collect and use your personal information for promotions, giveaways, competitions, or other similar marketing campaigns. These events typically require the collection and use of your personal information (for eligibility, prize fulfilment etc.). To comply with legal requirements we may publish a limited amount of information (such as name, company name, city of residence) about the winners of the particular promotion. For more information about our promotions, please see the specific terms and conditions applicable to each promotion.
- Website user submitted features — We may collect and use your personal information to give you access to upload files, data, artwork, other messages and content as well as testimonials and product or customer service feedback. This typically involves the collection, use and in some instances public display of certain personal information.
- Product fulfilment and eCommerce — We may collect and use your personal information to process and ship your orders, and to inform you about the status of jobs ordered through our customers.
- Internal management purposes — We may collect and use your personal information to improve the service we provide or to otherwise improve our business or the business of our customers.
6. Disabling Cookies
Most web browsers allow cookies to be disabled; this is usually within the tools, preferences or internet options section of your browser; however, this will also disable the customisation feature of the site.
7. Disclosure of your personal information
PS will not disclose your personal information with any third party that wishes to use it for direct marketing purposes, unless we have specifically informed you and you have given us specific permission to do this.
PS will also share your personal information with other third parties, where we have a working relationship, but only in the following circumstances:
- Service providers, agents and contractors — We may use third parties, like service providers, agents and contractors to provide support for our business functions (such as transactional and marketing communications, website hosting, support). We may also share your personal information with our Customers. Your personal information may be accessed outside of Australia and the United States, in any instances where we use cloud-based tools. Our third party software developers may access your personal information in connection with their providing services to us. These developers are currently in the USA, India and Romania but we may use other developers from time to time in other countries.
8. Our commitment to data storage and security
We take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse.
We only keep your personal information for as long as it is reasonably necessary, taking into consideration our need to answer enquiries, provide products and services, etc. This means that we may retain your personal information for a reasonable period after you stop using PS or the Print Speak customers. When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner, in accordance with best practice for document and data destruction.
9. Third Party data security
Where PS does disclose personal information to a third party, as specified above in point 7, any such third party must at all times provide the same level of security for your personal information as PS does, and, where required are bound by a legal agreement to keep your personal information private, secure and to process it only on the specific instructions of PS.
10. How do I opt out of marketing communications?
You can always opt out from receiving marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each such communication and following the prompts. Please note your opt out preferences are specific to the particular Print Speak Customer from which the communication was sent, if your organisation is serviced by multiple Print Speak Customers, you should treat these as separate organisations and opt out accordingly where applicable.
When opting out from receiving marketing communications please include the following in your email to
- full name
- company name
- Print Speak Customer that you would like to opt out of marketing communications
- type of communication to be opted out (print, email or both).
We will action these changes according to your instructions. Please note that your opt-out is individual and we may have multiple contacts within your organisation who will continue to receive marketing communications until which time they opt out. If they wish to do so as individuals, they will need to opt out from the Customer/s from which the communication originated.
11. What to do if you have a problem or question
If you have any privacy related questions, problems or if the information PS holds about you is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date, you may request that PS correct the information by contacting our privacy officer, firstname.lastname@example.org with full details and we will respond ASAP.
12. How you may access your personal information
You can request access to the personal information PS holds about you by contacting the PS privacy officer via email, email@example.com. If PS cannot provide access to your personal information, it will provide you with the reasons why. Depending on the nature of the request, PS may direct you to the applicable Print Speak customer that holds your personal information so that your request can be dealt with by them.
13. How to make a complaint and how complaints will be handled
If you are concerned about a possible interference with your privacy or misuse of your personal information by PS, please contact the privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is PS’s policy to handle complaints in a timely, effective, fair and consistent manner. On making a privacy complaint to PS you will receive an acknowledgment letter or email within five business days.
This communication will set out the name of the person responsible for handling your complaint and the expected response time for your complaint. PS endeavours to make a decision on all written complaints within 20 business days after the complaint is received. If we need more time to respond to your complaint, we will notify you as to the delay, the reasons for it, and seek your agreement to a longer period.
15. Where to go for more information about privacy
For more information about privacy issues and protecting your privacy, please visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website www.privacy.gov.au (Australia).